How to Handle Difficult Conversations (Infographic)
It's not always easy to tackle a challenging conversation with a parent, teacher or friend. To be honest, adults aren't usually much better at it than the students I work with every day! Why? Because our emotions can often hijack us, and we end up saying things we regret or can't express ourselves in the way we would like to.
Communication is, however, a skill which we can learn to get better at. The infographic below is designed to give you a blueprint that you can use to give yourself a better chance of overcoming those communication barriers and achieve a win/win outcome.
If you'd like a PDF version of this resource, you can download that for free here.
- What kinds of conversations do you find most challenging?
- What tends to get in the way of sharing positive communication with other people?
- Which of the tips in the infographic do you already tend to use when facing a challenging discussion?
- Which ones do you not use, and could you begin to do so?
- Do you have any other strategies that can lead to better communication when you might not see eye-to-eye with the other person?
- Is argument and disagreement always a bad thing?