10 Tips for Settling into your new school (infographic)
making the change from one school to another can be a really challenging experience for some young people. They are stepping away from all that is safe and familiar and entering into the unknown. Some settle quickly and thrive, while others find the experience more unsettling and may need some additional support in the first few days and weeks.
The infographic below provides 10 practical tips that pupils, parents and teachers can apply to help the transition from one school to another go as smoothly as possible.
- How well do you feel you've settled into school?
- What has been the biggest challenge in adjusting to a new environment?
- What has helped you feel like you fit in?
- What could your friends, teachers and parents do to help you feel even more settled?
- What could you do in the next few days to feel even more comfortable in school?
- What could you do to help other people find their place in the school?
If you'd like to listen to a podcast episode which explores these hints and tips in more detail, you can find that here.