Anxiety & Teens (Infographic)
Anxiety is a growing issue for young people and it has a significant impact on performance in school, on the sports field and at home. Part of the problem is that it is still a taboo subject, despite recent efforts to normalise mental health challenges. It is ok to limp around the school site on crutches but somehow we feel the need to hide our symptoms if they are in our mind or connected to our emotions. Help us to change that by sharing this infographic and discussing it with your friends and family.
If you'd like to learn more about how to manage anxiety, you can click here to listen to a dedicated podcast episode - Anxiety - Up Close & Personal
- Have you experienced anxiety at school or college in the last year?
- What were the triggers for your anxiety?
- What were your symptoms and how long did they last?
- What coping mechanisms seemed to help you when facing anxiety?
- What tended to make your anxiety worse?
- Do you think your community is supportive and open to discussing anxiety?
- What questions do you have about anxiety and how to manage it?